Project MOJO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+4
Pudi
scorpius
POLE7645
Flow.
8 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  Flow. Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm

So I'll introduce myself,

I started playing Morrowind when I was a 12 year old boy. I know I didn't even finish the main quest or ventured deep into the Red Mountains. I do remember the Dwemer Puzzle Box, the mage falling out of the sky somewhere on the road, stealing IMBA items with my chief character from the Mages Guild. Then when Oblivion came out I started playing it, but was dissapointed by the (to me) bland atmosphere, ugly people and leveled enemies and loot. The last year I've played Oblivion with a lot of mods (200+ xD), and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm a student at the Technical University in Eindhoven (Holland), where I study Industrial Engineering (Management, Logistics, Marketing, Statistics). In my free time I am very active at a student theatre association (acting & writing) and I work in door-to-door sales. Have no experience whatsoever with modding myself (except to make others mods work well and just modify little things) or other programming... So. And english is not my main language (obviously), my style might be strange.

I'm going to play one hour of Skyrim now and go to sleep, 'cause I have to work tomorrow.

Sleep well (for the European lads),
Join the forums,
Introduce yourself.

Flow.,
Dylan.

Flow.

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  POLE7645 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Well, guess it's my turn.

My first experience with the Elder Scrolls series were back in 1998 (I was 10 back then) when I found a trailer for the spin-off The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (which introduced many of the Elder Scrolls voice actors), a sadly underrated game. I got my hand on a demo a few months after, which captivated me (I never got my hands on the full game, though). Then, in 2008, I came across a video playthrough of Redguard, which brought back memories of the trailer and it got me interested in the series. I then bought Oblivion and loved it (although I've now modded the hell out of it). I bought Morrowind a few months ago and I find it much more captivating (and much more tedious) than Oblivion. I didn't played a lot of cRPGs in my youth (except Diablo) due to my poor understanding of English (I'm now bilingual and I admit, I mostly learned while playing Adventure games and JRPGs. Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better teacher than Final Fantasy VII back in 2000 (and a French-English dictionnary)), but now, I've rediscovered those great games (I'm playing Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment in addition to Morrowind and Oblivion).

I'm studying at the moment in Computer science, although I've recently acquired an interest in acting (voice acting to be exact, and most people I know tell me I'm good at it). And, no English isn't my first language. I'm French-Canadian, so I grew up speaking both languages. I know how to program, but I've never made a mod before (never had the patience to). But when I'm not gaming or doing voice acting audition in my free time, I like to write short stories (and an in-game journal for Oblivion) in English.

Now, I'm off to play Oblivion for a while (I'm waiting for the prices to drop before I buy Skyrim (and until I can afford a better CPU)).

Can't wait to work on this project.

Pierre-Olivier (POLE7645)

POLE7645

Back to top Go down

Post  scorpius Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Well well well,
I'm Scorpius on the official forums, John in real life, Sova is my official handle for most things, I'm currently studying a masters in games development in Abertay in Dundee, Scotland. my undergrad degree was in computer science at Wolverhampton in England.

So I'm a programmer type, and have no problem getting to grips with the technical side of the CK when it is available, but I'm a bit too busy to be handling that stuff right now, though I may be able to work my Skyrim mod idea (mysticism spells for navigating the world of Skyrim) into one of my research projects for uni.

I was introduced to the elder scrolls series .... I don't know what year but it must have been at the release of Daggerfall because I had a demo of it from the PC Gamer magazine, I didn't get my hands on the full version till it was released for free on the Bethesda website, but when Morrowind was released my love of the elder scrolls series was solidified, Morrowind still stands as my favourite game of all time.

I'm a stickler for lore, and spent a lot of time on the old Elderscrolls.com foum role playing before oblivion was released, sadly that forum content is lost to the outsider, and only stored in some secret servers at Bethesda. I did a little work for the LGNPC mod for Morrowind, however my contributions weren't great or extensive. But I got to grips with how the old clunky dialogue system for Morrowind worked.

I consider myself a good writer (despite my main discipline being programming) so I would be happy to contribute to written journal entries, or actually wrangling the text in to the game.

Last edited by scorpius on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

scorpius

Back to top Go down

Post  Pudi Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:20 pm

My name is Sarah, but I use Pudi or some variant for all my accounts. I'm pretty boring compared to everyone else - no job or schooling related to gaming/computers whatsoever. I took a couple of AP English classes in high school, so I guess that helps... Exciting, right?

My first time with TES was when I picked up Morrowind on a whim at age 13. I was bored and remember that I liked the way the GOTY box looked, so I bought it. Fell in love with the world as soon as I walked out of Seyda Neen and saw all the giant luminous mushroom trees and swamps. I think I spent most of that year doing nothing but homework and Morrowind. I was really excited about Oblivion, but it didn't live up to the hype, aside from the (at the time) mind blowing graphics. I played for a while, then lost interest until I stumbled upon TESNexus one day. Can't play the game without modding it to death. The only reason I keep coming back to Oblivion is to redo Shivering Isles, to be honest.

My only modding experience is making my own custom homes, and digging through some of my favorite mods to see what makes them tic. Not that I really understand a lot of it, like the scripts. I'd like to learn more about it, since I have a ton of ideas for Skyrim I'd like to try out.

Really loving Skyrim so far, aside from a few annoyances related to streamlining. But that's why we're all here, isn't it?

So yeah, hello! Looking forward to working with you all!

Pudi
Admin

https://skyrimmojo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amberfire Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Amber, been Amberfire on the net for about a decade. It's not my legal name but nowadays even my mother calls me Amber! I'm Canadian, grew up in Ottawa, and I'm currently studying creative writing as a undergrad—so I'm pretty darn confident about my abilities as a writer—and I'll graduate this spring. I was an active member on the Morrowind Summit forums back when PES was Morrowind Summit, but stopped posting shortly after Oblivion came out.

I started playing Morrowind in '03, when I was 13. I'd actually wanted to try Daggerfall, but I ended up playing Morrowind instead, convinced I would hate its atmosphere (ew, those dry, depressing-looking Ashlands?). Morrowind is to date still my most favourite game of all time, I love every bit of it except maybe the vanilla bodies, and my MW install runs 200+ mods. I'm a maniac for the lore and the Dunmer are my favourite race still. I hate Oblivion even modded... it's a beautiful-looking game and I sunk a fair amount of hours into it, but ultimately... bleh. Shallow. Skyrim seems like a true successor to Morrowind.

I've been marginally involved in modding for MW; I wrote some characters for LGNPC: Ald-Ruhn, I made a book jacket add-on for one of the Tel Uvirith mods. (House Telvanni all the way!) I've made some custom houses just for my MW characters. I intend to play around with the CK when it comes out and maybe try out scripting, more advanced stuff—I did take a four week java course in high school so I'm sure I could pick it up.

I think this project looks like a lot of fun and will certainly breathe some real life into my favourite part of a TES game: exploration!

Amberfire

Back to top Go down

Post  scorpius Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 am

Dunmer -> all else
Indoril -> Redoran -> Dres -> Telvanni -> Hlaalu Razz

I was going to react in a surprised manner about people preferring Morrowind, but then I realised this mod idea is based around the Morrowind mindset , so yeah rock on Morowind fans Smile

scorpius

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Odom Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:55 am

I'm Steve Odom but my real name is somewhat different. Anyway, I'm from flanders, and have been playing TES since Morrowind for thousands of hours. I've absolutely no modding experience, but given the type of mod this is going to be that shouldn't matter.
I did prefer the old Morrowind journal because it forced you to walk the map and be coincetrated on your goal.

Steve Odom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi!

I'm Eris (real name Sarah). I've been a loyal follower of TES since Morrowind. I won't shower it with praise, since we all seem to already know it rocked.

I primarily would like to help the mod via serving as an editor, as there are professional reasons for doing so: every bit of work that I actually do in this regard is experience for me to brag about later on when I start looking for more paid editor/copywriter gigs. So, my helping you is actually quite selfish. Wink

I also signed up as a writer, and I wouldn't mind doing a few quests here and there. However, if you can't tell from some of my other posts, my passion is in programming. I'm hoping that I will be able to commit some help in with this in the future, but time will only tell.

Eris

Back to top Go down

Post  Cervus Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey Smile

I'm Cervus - Marc in the real world. I've been playing Elder Scrolls properly since Morrowind, but I did play a little of Daggerfall way back in 96. I got Skyrim shortly after it's release and one of the first things I did was turn off the compass and use the clairvoyance spell when I was lost. When I saw the thread for this mod on the official forums it really peaked my interest, which is why I'm here.

I'm an accountant in real life, which I will admit is almost as boring as it sounds Smile I've been writing in my spare time for over a decade now, I started off in the world of fanfiction and have recently started to write my own original fiction. I don't have modding experience, but my primary aim is to help with the writing of journal entries to help get this mod out there as soon as possible.

Cervus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum