Project MOJO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

Post  Pudi Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Time to get things organized! Leave a comment here, stating which group you'd like to work in. (It's possible to request to work in multiple groups, but make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew.)

Here's a brief description of each group:

Writers - rewrite the vanilla journal entries
Editors - check spelling, grammar, and make sure all of the new journal entries are consistent in style
Modders - implement the entries into the game

Writers:
Pudi
Eris
Steve Odom
POLE7645
Cervus

Editors:
Amberfire
Eris

Modders:

Last edited by Pudi on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Pudi
Admin

https://skyrimmojo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:11 am

I would love to join your team. I left a reply on the main thread on the Bethesda forums. Because I'm working on my own mods, I won't have the time to offer for any programming.

I'd love to help primarily with editing; I can also assist with writing.

I also have a suggestion (a bit of an afterthought) -- I took a look at the Mojo Data, and something occurred to me. It may not be best to update journals with information that will be quickly resolved. For instance, in the tutorial, it's a little immersion-breaking to have full journal entries for things like waiting to decide on running in after the imperial or the stormcloak. (Can you imagine someone crouching down and jotting that down?)

Another way to do it will be to leave short-term mission objectives intact in the Journal menu screen. These are things that will be right on the character/player's mind, so if someone just needs a little help, they can reference them. Skyrim has a lot of these, because some of their quests are started as dungeon crawlers (for instance, that guy wanting you to help clear out the necromancer in his family's tomb) or scenes that require you to finish them (Sheogorath). In the case of the guy with the necromancer in his tomb, you CAN add a journal entry mentioning him asking for help if you do not immediately accept (that allows players a way to find things they left undone), or add one if the game detects that the player has abandoned the mission (this happens if you accept, but then leave the area).

This will cut down on journal "bloat" so you don't have 500 pages of quest updates, and may help prevent performance issues -- but I'm just speculating on that. Surprised

Eris

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Odom Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 am

Sign me up too, I'll be doin the writing, though we need a good spell checker in that case. Laughing

Steve Odom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pudi Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

@ Eris
Added you as both writer and editor.
You made some really good points. I made a new topic to try and figure out how we're going to address rewriting the journal.

@ Steve Odom
Added you to the list of writers!

Pudi
Admin

https://skyrimmojo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  POLE7645 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Sign me in as a writer. Though I'm being rather busy at the moment, I'll contribute as much as I can.

POLE7645

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Odom Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 am

From each according to his ability,... Very Happy

Steve Odom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cervus Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

I'd like to help with the writing when this is all up and running.

Cervus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum