Project MOJO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation Kit release date known.

4 posters

Go down

Creation Kit release date known. Empty Creation Kit release date known.

Post  POLE7645 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 pm

For those who didn't follow the forums, we now know that the Creation Kit will be released somewhere in January.

Now that it is known, how will the project be organized? Are there any plans for now?

I've notice a lack of activity in this forum, so that's why I ask.

POLE7645

Back to top Go down

Creation Kit release date known. Empty Re: Creation Kit release date known.

Post  Pudi Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I haven't seen Flow since the 26th. Tried PMing him, but no response - I don't think he's been online since last week. Maybe he's just busy?

Pudi
Admin

https://skyrimmojo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Odom Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 am

In my opinion, we should be dviding the work in a logical sense, so we can rule out most of the errors. I believe we should follow the following stages:

1) Preparation stage: Making a full list of all the quests that need new journal entries and deciding who's going to do the modding, who's going to do the spell checking and who 's going to create the journal entries. Maybe we can create an example of how the JE's should look like in the end.
2) Dividing the work: We should then decide on who's going to do wich quests or we can create a list where one can strike the quests that are completed or that are being created.
3) The completed quest should then go to the spell checker who removes the errors and governs the style so it all looks cohesive.
4) The spell checker moves it on to the main modder, who just implements it in the game.
5) The beta version will be ready at this stage.

What do you think?

PS, I'm in no way suitable for the spell checking role. Very Happy

Steve Odom

Back to top Go down

Post  Pudi Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I think that's a great idea! Flow already made a spreadsheet listing (as far as I know) all of the in-game quests. MOJO Data

So really, we'll just need to verify that everything's listed, then we can get to handing out quests. Just looking at the spreadsheet, there are 12 major quest lines, plus miscellaneous lines from the different holds. Depending on how many people are interested in making up the journal entries, maybe we can just divide based on the major quests, then the misc Hold quests?

I talked with Flow earlier this morning, and he said that he's been busy and isn't able to work on MOJO for the time being. I offered to help get things rolling until he's not so swamped, and he ok'ed it. I'm going to update at the Official Forums later, and try to see if the whole team is still interested.

Pudi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amberfire Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey, I'm still interested in the project—unfortunately I'm not going to have Skyrim access from the 13th until the first week of January, which might be a bit of a hindrance? But then I suspect we're probably only going to really get in the swing of things after the holidays, and when the CK comes out.

I'd like to volunteer as spell checker. My writing degree has been almost as much about editing other people's work, so I've got the qualifications there. I'd like to write directions too, though, don't know if the two jobs are compatible...? I'm a fair hand at revising my own work, too, though.

Amberfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pudi Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 pm

I did a little bit of housekeeping. Moved this topic to general discussion, and created a new sign-up sheet!

@Amberfire
I've added you to the list of editors! I don't think the delay will be a real issue; It'll be a while before we're really into the editing stage.

Pudi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Odom Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 am

Amberfire, if you're going to spell check, that wouldn't be a hindrance at all. Later on, you can do some writing too.

Steve Odom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum